CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I cried a little Yesterday..

It was Wyatt's first day of Kindergarten. He didn't want me or his dad to meet his bus at school. SO I dropped him off at daycare, and went to work. I cried a little bit on the way to work. Just a few tears fell, a few compared to the many thoughts going through my head. Will he miss me? What will he do if he gets scared? Will he get lost? What if he can't find the bathroom? I calmed myself down by thinking of how much he loves to learn new things and how excited he was going to be. After school I rushed to daycare to pick him up. He told me all about his day, answering many of my unanswered questions. He got off the bus at school, walked up to a teacher and asked how to find his classroom. His teacher is really nice. He ate almost all of his lunch. He got candy on his back at nap time b/c he was laying on his mat quietly. Then he told me all about the story the teacher read to them. "The Kissing Hand". About a raccoon on his first day of school, and how the mom kissed his little hand to remind him of her all day long. I cried again when he reached over and kissed my hand and said "Now when you miss me, you can look right there and know I love you."

The good part is that he had a great time. AND he wants to go back. The bad part is he is growing up and I Cant stop him.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

No you can't stop him from growing...I tried...it didn't work. Can't wait to see some pics!

Lynette said...

It is great that you have done so well to this stage of this life that Wyatt is this independent.