CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Proud to be American

For some reason I was compelled to take this photo on Friday evening. I was at my niece's softball game, and We had stood for the National Anthem. As I looked at the flag, that was flying at half staff, in honor of the victims of the Virginia Tech Tragedy, I just knew that I had to take this photo. Every time that I have to stand for the National Anthem, I am overwhelmed with feelings that are so strong that I am all but in tears by the end of the song. I am proud that I live here, in the USA. I am proud of the soldiers who put their lives on the line, leave their families behind, in order to defend freedom. I am proud of the way our country pulls together in times of tragedy, to mourn people that we never knew, who died at the hands of others. It's one of the best feelings, this feeling inside of me. Words cannot describe it. All I know is that I am proud to be part of this country.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

You are right about how everyone pulls together in bad times. That is one of the characteristics of being American. Good post.

Everlasting Monday said...

Great pic. How did you get the fence to be pretty much invisible?

Jeanne said...

amen girl!

Just Me said...

What a great pic!