CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Monday, June 30, 2008

Politics

I hate politics. I try to listen to the candidates. I do my research on who has done what in the past, supported things that I feel are of importance, look at the issues. I vote. In every election, even the small ones that just seem to pop up for random issues. However, I really hate politics. More so the politicians involved in politics. Guess you can't have one without the other. Here are some reasons why:

I hate mudslinging: Didn't these people learn that if you can't say anything nice, to say nothing at all? Stop twisting fact into half truths but leaving out vital imformation just to sway voters to your side. I really try not to vote for people who do a lot of negative campaigning. Tell me about YOU. What YOU stand for, what YOU plan to do, HOW YOU plan to do it. Not something that your opponent did thirty years ago, when he was 12, and probably learned a life lesson from.

I hate campaign ads. For the reason above. It annoys me to turn on the tv, and hear them. I stop watching tv.

I hate the way some politicians hold all of the power and force issues to go their way using that power. Case in point: Our wonderful legislators in Louisiana. Wanted a pay raise. (Why? It's a part time job. You ASKED us to put you in office, You KNEW what the pay was before you begged and whined to get put there. You have a full time job outside of this position. SHut up and deal with it.) SOO they hold up the governor's bills that he wants to have passed, stalls them in committee or on the floor until they "vote themselves a payraise". YES THAT'S RIGHT, THEY VOTED THEMSELVES A PAYRAISE!! A HUGE HONKING PAYRAISE! TRIPLING THEIR SALARY!!! And until they had that issue taken care of, nothing that the governor wanted to have accomplished was going to get done. The governor has some wonderful things he wants done with health care, education, and children's services. Things that would truly benefit the whole state. However, because of these politicians, none of that would be accomplished if they didn't get what they wanted. Soo they vote.. the payraise passes (barely), and a lot of the legislators who didn't support the payraise signed a waiver to donate the money to charity or to flat out refuse to take the raise. (Don't think I don't know which ones did this, because I made it a point to find out. It will greatly influence my vote next election.) THEN they made the raise so that they get a raise EVERY FREAKING YEAR!!! And the governor is refusing to veto or sign this piece of legislation. (IF he doesn't sign it within so many days, it automatically becomes a law. If he vetos it, then he will get nothing accomplished his whole term because these politicains will hold a grudge. BIG bunch of overgrown babies.) Power... that's what it comes down to.

and I hate uninformed voters, too. Those people who will just believe what they hear, don't bother to check it out, and then vote blindly b/c they like the color of the tie the candidate was wearing on the campaign ad.

2 comments:

CK Photo said...

And yet they will scream there is no money in the budget for anything. goatlickers.

One word.... POWER... they want it, they have it, and to hell with the rest of us.

Unknown said...

Huh, We're NOT suppose to use the color of their tie to vote them in???? Crap.

No, I TOTALLY agree, people who don't vote just because they don't want to be bothered also bug the heck out of me. VOTE, or stop complaining about what you get.