CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Sunday, June 15, 2008

What I did on my Summer Vacation



Day 1: We flew out of Baton Rouge to Atlanta, the to Miami. Wyatt was thrilled with the plane ride. He had never flown before. He was all excited to see the tops of clouds and the buildings as we took off. We stayed overnight at the Embassy Suites in Miami. REally nice hotel, with a beautiful atrium in the lobby, with a waterfall. PSA for the day: do not stay in a room right across from the elevator and behind the waterfall. You will hear lots of people talking drunkenly as they get off of the elevator and the waterfall will make you have to pee all night long. We walked to a nearby restaurant to eat dinner. On the SHORT walk, Wyatt decided he had to use the bathroom. I hear him yell "wait a minute". I turn around, adn my son has his weenis in his hand, fixing to pee on a flower bush. SO I Yell at him "put that thing away before someone sees you and we get arrested." Yep, cop car sitting right at the corner.

On the cruise ship not a lot happened. We drank, swam, drank, ate, drank, watched some shows, drank, and had lots of "cheer". GOtta love when the in-laws come on vacation with you, and then INSIST that the monkeybutt sleep in the room with them. (Note to self, buy inlaws a nice Christmas present this year.)

First port of call: San Juan, Puerto RIco: it rained. I shopped. It rained. I didn't care. Didn't buy much. A pair of earrings and a pendant. Steve and Wyatt each bought a shirt. We walked around and looked at the fort, and the statues and the birds. LOTS of birds. We walked for freaking ever. My feet and legs hurt.

Second Port of Call: St. Thomas. BEAUTIFUL!! We went to Magen's Beach. Crystal clear water, the purtiest blue color I have ever seen. Wyatt saw fish, starfish and crabs. This was his first real visit to a beach. HE was amazed that there was WET SAND UNDER THE WATER!!! I sat on the beach and had an adult beverage, watched the cute guys walk by (there were two) and heard my son yell out "DAD LOOK THAT LADY'S BUTT IS HANGING OUT THE BACK OF HER SWIMSUIT" (his first encounter at the beach and his first butt floss swimsuit sighting) After the two hours at the beach, we were back on our tour of the Island. We were brought to Blackbeard's Castle. We did the walking tour of this area. Very INteresting. LOTS of walking. My legs and feet hurt. My cheap husband decided NOT to pay for a taxi b/c it was just a short walk to ship. Umm.. yeah a 45 minute walk... NOT FUN!!! DUring the tour, I had a few cups of rum punch.. okay 5 cups of rum punch, but who's counting. We did some more shopping.. Steve bought me a pearl necklace, bracelet, and earring set. The guys got tee-shirts.

Last port of call: St. Marteen. We took a bus to a "remote" fishing village, where we boarded a smaller boat to go out to a coral reef. Then we went "down below" (get your minds out of the gutter wyatt was with us) to look through the glass windows at the tropical fish, sea urchins, and sea turtles. My pictures of this did not come out very clear. But it was really neat. Then after a couple of hours, we headed back to town. We did some more shopping. Steve bought me a topaz pendant. The guys each got another shirt. OH, and I got a new pair of sunglasses too.

Then we headed home. Nothing much to do on the ship but drink, eat, swim, and play games. ANd Drink. I drank lots on the ship.

THat's it in a nutshell: relaxing, drinking, sunning, shopping.. the perfect vacation.

1 comments:

Lynette said...

The shopping sounds excellent. Your cruise sounds relaxing, fun and non stressed. Just the way it should be.