CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Friday, May 11, 2007

Baby Steps to Growing up


It has started. Wyatt is really growing up to be a big boy. I didn't notice it at first. Then all of a sudden it hit me. This week. Tuesday morning. 6:30 AM. The final piece fell into place. It all started at daycare. I am sorry at "school" as you call it. When I dropped you off, I could only go as far as the kitchen steps. I could get a kiss and a hug. Then I could only get a hug. "Mom, the big kids might see you kiss me. We can kiss in the car okay." Then I was stopped in the front room, and given a quick hug, but only after you looked around to see who was looking. Then it was to inside the front door, with no kiss, but just a wave of the hand as you bounded off inside. NOW THIs NEW STEP... we pull up to the school, and you are all but jumping out before the car stops. "Bye Mom, gotta go. Don't get out. I'm a big boy. See the door, it's right there. I will be fine. You stay here." Off you go. Strutting.. yes you strut when you are proud and pleased with yourself... to the door...opening the door... stepping inside... walking away. You didn't even turn around, just held up your hand as you walked inside. I guess I should be happy that you are so confident and independent. That means that I am a good mom right? That means that I am teaching you the right things? But did you have to learn them quite so soon? I wasn't ready for you to grow up.

2 comments:

Paula said...

sniff...sniff... that was precious.

Cyn Pip Pics said...

What a bittersweet moment. Proud of his strength and confidence, but hard to let go of your baby. You are doing it right, Missy.