CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Conversation with Wyatt

Every day when I Pick Wyatt up from preschool, he proudly shows me what "classwork" he has done that day. I ask him the usual questions "what did you learn today?" and he tells me all about his day. I love these drives from school to home, even if they do last less than 10 minutes.
One day in February, I picked Wyatt up. In with his "Classwork" was an enlarged photocopy of a $5 bill and a picture of Abraham Lincoln. Here's a snippet of our conversation:

Me: Wyatt, what did you learn in school today?
Wyatt: We learned about presinents. (presidents)
Me: Well, what did you learn about the presidents?
W: well... we learned about ATEAHAM LINKING..
Me: No wyatt, his name was ABRAHAM LINCOLN
W: Oh NO MOM! Miss Lynn said it was "Ateaham" Say it with me mom "ATE A HAM"
Me: Okay. Tell me about Ateaham? (trying the whole time to contain my laughter)
W: Ateaham was a presinent along time ago. But he's not a presinent anymore. He was a good presinent, but now he likes to put his pictures on the 5 dollar money.
Me: oh really.. well what does a president do?
W: I think he measures things like cows and horses because Miss Lynn said he was a good ruler in the country.

THe conversation dropped off after that. As I pulled into the driveway, and parked the car, I watched him hop out and run to let his dog out of the pen. I sat in the car a little longer, so I could laugh without him hearing me.

1 comments:

Just Me said...

I love Wyatt Stories!