CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

more conversations with wyatt

Let me start by saying that I love buying purses and tote bags! It's a girl thing. Steve doesn't understand. Wyatt doesn't either. A few months ago, we were walking through a store in the mall, and I saw a really cute purse, so I said "Oh, look purses are on sale." My cute little monkey, so much like his daddy already, said "You don't need another purse, you have one, just keep walking." Steve laughed.. (He would.) I laughed, too.

I have a tote bag that I really like. It's red and white striped, with a medium-ish blue anchor charm that dangles from one strap. It's cute. It's perfect for taking to the ball park with a magazine, my wallet, and various snacks tucked inside. It was sitting on the kitchen table this weekend. Here's the conversation that followed after WYatt noticed my tote bag:

Wyatt: Mom, is this your purse?
Me: It's not a purse, it's a tote bag. (not that he would know the difference.)
Wyatt: Mom, why does your purse have a hooker with it? (he was playing with the anchor charm.)
Me: (trying really hard not to burst out laughing): It came that way when I bought it.
WYatt: DAD, did you know Mom bought a hooker?

Steve and I both burst out laughing. Poor Wyatt, he had no clue why we were laughing. I couldn't tell him that it was called an ANCHOR because I was laughing too hard. When he asked why we were laughing, I gave my standard answer: "I was laughing at your daddy."

One Day Wyatt will really not be happy that I write all of these memories down will he?

0 comments: