CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Softball Sunday

It was a beautiful day. Sun was shining. There was a nice breeze blowing, not too cool but not too hot. What a perfect day for a watching a softball game. Where better to do that than at LSU. When my niece called and invited wyatt and me to go to the game today, I accepted the offer. Even better was the price of admission "FREE". (Free is good.) I expected that it would be a fun way to spend a few hours.

There were a few "unexpected" things that happened today:
First: a list of "RULES TO FOLLOW AS ORDERED BY MY TEENAGED NIECE" e 1. NO "whoo-hooing"! You can clap, but you can not yell out in excitement.
2. No dancing to the music.
3. NO singing along to the music.
4. No butt scratching, no passing gas, and no picking your nose.
5. AND most importantly, no talking to anyone that she knew, talked to, or might want to know.

APparently doing any of these things could and would cause my niece great embarrassment. I am happy to say "I broke all of the rules." Well, okay.. I skipped over rule number 4 because that's just gross.

Next unexpected happening:

I didn't expect WYatt to have as much fun as he did. I thought that after a couple of innings, he would be ready to head home. He stayed the entire game.. waving his hat, cheering, yelling and clapping.. (apparently it's okay for a 5 year old to do these things with out embarrassing his cousin.) I think part of the fun for him was sitting 6 rows down from his mom, with my niece and her friends.

I also didn't expect to see my oldest niece at the game either. But I look up and there she was.. and she wasn't embarrassed to hug me in public either. (I always knew she was my favorite.)

I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. BUT I Had a blast. SO much so that I want to go back next home game as well. Geaux TIgers!!! (oh and they won the game by the way.)

0 comments: