CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My photos

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I love baseball practice!

Those were the words that Wyatt told me last night as we were leaving practice. We arrived at practice about 10 minutes early. Wyatt grabs his glove and ball, and begins throwing balls at the fence and warming up. Then Coach arrives and practice begins. I love to watch him as he intently listens to what the coach tells him to do. I am amazed at how he has improved since last year. No more running to close the gates, or standing in one spot watching the ball roll by. This year he goes after the ball. Last night the coach pulled him aside and talked to him. Of course, I Couldn't hear what was being said, but I just watched as my baby walked to pitcher's mound. THe look on his face was priceless, and me without my camera for once (stupid camera battery was dead). As the coach is talking to the other kids, Wyatt yells at me "Hey Mom, look at me! I'm on Pitcher's Base just like Tiffy." The they start fielding balls. And I watch. He was doing so good at keeping his eye on the ball. I guess he only needs to be hit once to learn the importance of that lesson. As I sit and watch, I notice that he keeps dragging his feet across the dirt, and I realize what he is doing. He's clearing the dirt off of the "pitcher's rubber", well he would have been if there had been one there. In teeball, the pitcher just stands there, but he still moved his feet, and every now and then reached down and put some dirt in his hand. After practice I asked him why he did that,and he said "I don't know why, but I seen TIffy and the girl at the LSU game do it." (Time to take this boy to watch boys play ball.)

0 comments: